In short, we want your writeups, 300 words or fewer.
"February is the shortest month."
— T. S. Eliot, probably
It's the shortest month of the year! Time for the wee madness that is Brevity Quest. The rules are pretty standard, write something good in 300 words or less.
- The quest starts on Wednesday, 1st February at 00:00:00 and ends on Tuesday the 28th February at 23:59:99 (E2 server time).
- We're looking for well-crafted fact, fiction, poetry and prose, the usual suspects. New writeups only, no daylogs.
- Post as many submissions as you wish. It is okay to post hidden writeups if you prefer.
- Quest entries should be labeled as such, and please include your wordcount. A /msg to inform me is recommended.
- Bounty will be awarded at 10GP per writeup.
- It's my birthday month, so like Bilbo Baggins I will give out real physical gifts. The least of them will be a postcard from me. The greatest? Not decided yet. (This means of course that you have to entrust me with a real postal address.)
Check out the BQ submissions from previous Quests, for example 2020, 2021 and 2022.
I am currently the sole judge. If you'd like to help out, please let me know.
Don't rely solely on the word count in the draft/writeup header (as it counts HTML and pipelinked text too). We do have the E2 Word Counter, but please also note the Brevity Quest Word Count Guidelines.
xclip -o | wc -w
Shortlist of Entrants
cliff fishing by npecom
ice fishing by wertperch
Round Stic by nicolasstag
length by fliphone
unholy matrimony by svntax
spirit recognizing fate by etouffee
Sound Typist by nicolasstag
Voice Attack by nicolasstag
Old poems I found on my computer by nicolasstag
Deepdwn by nicolasstag