Dedication - The Very Best of Thin Lizzy

This album is a greatest hits collection of the Irish classic rock band Thin Lizzy. It was released in 1991, 5 years after the death of frontman Phil Lynott. The album does a pretty good job of bringing together all of the band's major hits. The hits are well represented, Jailbreak, The Boys Are Back in Town, Dancin' in the Moonlight, and of course, Whiskey in the Jar.

The tracklist: (tracks are in chronological order of release)

  1. Whiskey in the Jar (5:45)
  2. The Rocker (5:12)
  3. She Knows (5:12)
  4. Still in Love With You (5:38)
  5. Showdown (4:31)
  6. Rosalie (3:11)
  7. Wild One (4:18)
  8. Fighting My Way Back (3:12)
  9. Jailbreak (4:04)
  10. The Boys Are Back in Town (4:27)
  11. Cowboy Song (5:16)
  12. Don't Believe a Word (2:21)
  13. Bad Reputation (3:10)
  14. Dancin' In the Moonlight (It's Caught Me in Its Spotlight) (3:24)
  15. Do Anything You Want To (3:52)
  16. Waiting for An Alibi (4:13)
  17. Chinatown (4:44)
  18. Dedication (4:00)


Interestingly, the release date for Dedication (the song), is 1990, and yet it is still listed as having been written and performed on by Phil Lynott. Presumably, they did something similar to what The Beatles did for the Anthology, using already recorded vocals, etc.

Ded`i*ca"tion (?), n. [L. dedicatio.]

1.

The act of setting apart or consecrating to a divine Being, or to a sacred use, often with religious solemnities; solemn appropriation; as, the dedication of Solomon's temple.

2.

A devoting or setting aside for any particular purpose; as, a dedication of lands to public use.

3.

An address to a patron or friend, prefixed to a book, testifying respect, and often recommending the work to his special protection and favor.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.