Transforms from helicopter to dune buggy to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: SANDSTORM

FUNCTION: RECONNAISSANCE
"When the smoke clears, I've cleared out."

Always takes death-defying risks. Anything less than dangerous is boring to him. In battle, gets close enough to count the bolts in Decepticon armor plates. As helicopter and buggy, he's adept at using rotors and exhaust to whip up blinding clouds of dust and sand. Extremely maneuverable. Carries sandblaster gun that shoots streams of silicate particles that can erode anything.

  • Strength: 7
  • Intelligence: 9
  • Speed: 6
  • Endurance: 7
  • Rank: 6
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 6
  • Skill: 9
Transformers Tech Specs


In the second year of Transformer toys, the Decepticons added two Triple Changers to their lineup. In the third year, each side had three. (Someone must have thought that "a trio of Triple Changers" sounded poetic.) Sandstorm was, in my opinion, the best one the Autobots contributed to the lineup. He didn't have the screentime of Springer -- Sandstorm appeared in only two episodes of the cartoon -- but he did transform into a very authentic-looking dune buggy and then an even more authentic-looking transport helicopter. His robot form didn't look quite as buff as Springer, though, which is the only reason I can think of that Springer was picked for the movie.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.