user since
Tue Dec 20 2022 at 23:24:59 (1.4 years ago )
last seen
Sun Feb 26 2023 at 23:50:32 (1.2 years ago )
number of write-ups
2 - View bartholomeu's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 26
mission drive within everything
to remember
motto
nothingisreal
most recent writeup
I dreamt of the eternal waiting room between.
Send private message to bartholomeu

I am somewhere liminal now

Ever since I wrote a tragic story about a crow and a woman in the woods who could not accept reality, I have clung to the idea that I would be a writer and that I would have to accept reality! How does the story end? Well, after the death of her husband, the woman hears words being whispered by the crows that her husband used to feed. This culminates with the woman running in a nightgown right smack in the dead of winter through the woods with an axe (attempting to murder a crow, of course). Upon the woman falling and cutting her own arm off (leading to her bleeding out on the ground), the crow speaks in actuality for the first time to the woman, chastising her for being unable to accept her husband's death and instead letting it lead her to madness and her demise.

I think I have personally been on a creative downhill trajectory since submitting that story for my fourth grade writing contest, but here I am still striving to node something nutritious for the eyes to read!

Thank you and remember you are invariably real!