My very own recipe, which I made up, which belongs to me and is mine. Just one of the many variations of "brown chicken, pour on cream of mushroom soup-based sauce, cook 'til tender". A nice big electric fry pan with a cover is perfect for this sort of thing.

Chanterelle-Cilantro Chicken

1 fryer chicken, 3-4 lbs, cut into pieces
A good double-handful of fresh chanterelle mushrooms, chopped,
or one package of dried chanterelle mushrooms, soaked until soft and chopped
1/2 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
2 carrots, sliced
1 large onion or two smallish-medium onions, diced
White wine
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Cavendish Greek Seasoning, or any chef's salt-and-pepper seasoning blend, or salt and pepper, to taste

Brown chicken, then set it aside. Pour off the excess grease. Sautee onions in the chicken grease left in pan until translucent. Season with chef's seasoning blend. Toss in carrots and cook a little bit. Add cilantro. Go easy on the cilantro; it can be an overwhelming flavor and you can always add more later. Dump in mushroom soup. Drink some white wine. If it's not tolerably drinkable, you shouldn't be cooking with it either. If the wine passes muster, throw some in. Let mixture bubble awhile and taste. Add seasoning until it tastes good.

Add chicken back to mix and cook until tender (maybe 1/2 hour? Try it then and see if the chicken is cooked the way you like it.) If you don't have a nice big electric fry pan with a cover, put your chicken in a baking dish and pour the sauce over it. Put in oven at, oh I don't know, 325 degrees F? Whatever seems right for cooking chicken. Cook until tender.

Recommended to serve with rice. Bon appetit!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.