2020-12-31

This has been, in many ways, the worst year of my life (so far, one should never forget that there’s a limit to how good a thing can get, but the bad can be deeply, deeply bad). But this doesn’t mean it hasn’t had anything good at all.

I wrote about a great pen and paper game for indoors before it was really needed, and you saw it. You’ve been here for the silly, the sillier, and the silliest.

I reminisced about good old days and people, and I lived through actual Mexican Magical Realism. And you were here.

I indulged in proper academic citations, beautiful mathematics, interesting mathematics, and opinionated mathematics. And you were here.

I gave some thought to my language and how it sometimes feel like a foreigner on the internet and E2, but I also shared books in Spanish, Spanish idioms, and Spanish words that led to at least one nuke (unintentional, I swear!). And you were here.

I won Iron Noder for the first time, and then the proverbial shit hit the fan. And you were here.


It’s been rough and most of the last few weeks I’ve spent crying, sleeping and trying not to cry. But I am here. And I hope you’ll be here too.

Here’s to 2021.

I promise I will make another “best of” crossword, just not now.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.