One of the more challenging text adventures created by Infocom. This adventure is in the science fiction genre, and was published in 1982.

You play the role of a space prospector looking for black holes in the year 2186. You happen across an alien spacecraft, and attempt to decipher its secrets. This game is similar in theme to a few of the other Infocom science fiction games, such as Planetfall, Stationfall, and Suspended.

This game was authored by David Lebling, who also authored Suspect (1984), Spellbreaker (1985), The Lurking Horror (1987), and Shogun (1989). Dave also co-authored several games with Marc Blank: Zork (1980), Zork II (1981), Zork III (1982), and Enchanter (1983).

The game's tagline: The challenge was issued eons ago, from light-years away. And only you can meet it.

From the back of the original packaging: "STARCROSS, Infocom's science fiction mind-bender, launches you headlong into the year 2186 and the depths of space. And not without good reason, for you are destined to rendezvous with a gargantuan starship from the outer fringes of the galaxy. Upon docking with the strange craft, you must succeed in gaining entry to its mysterious interior. Once within, you will encounter a microcosm of the galaxy, peopled with both harmful and helpful beings. But the great starship serves a far larger purpose than mere cultural exchange. It bears a challenge that was issued eons ago, from light years away -- and only you can meet it."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.