Bladerunner Soundtrack

"Most of the music contained in this album originates from the original recordings I made in London in 1982, whilst working on the score for the film Bladerunner. Finding myself unable to release these recordings at the time, it is with great pleasure that I am able to do so now. Some of the pieces contained will be known to you from the Original Soundtrack of the film, whilst others are appearing here for the first time. Looking back at Ridley Scott's powerful and evocative picture left me as stimulated as before, and made the recompiling of this music, today, an enjoyable experience."
Vangelis Athens, April 1994

Track Listing

  1. Main Titles
    Dramaticand atmospheric opener. "Enhance 15 to 23..Give me a hardcopy right there"
  2. Blush Response
    Deckard meets Rachel and Dr. Eldin Tyrell. The replicant test involves "capillary dilation of the so called Blush Response, fluctuation of the pupil, involuntary dilation of the iris"
  3. Wait for me
    Breathy seductive track with synthy bubbles
  4. Rachel's Song
    Haunting vocals by Mary Hopkin.
  5. Love Theme
    Evocative saxophone led track. One of the highlights of the album. Dick Morrisey on the Sax.
  6. One More Kiss,Dear
    Smoochy crooner performed by Don Percival, lyrics by Peter Skellern.
  7. Bladerunner Blues
    Long, melancholic instrumental.
  8. Memories of Green
    On this track, a plethora of buzzing sounds and beepings is underpinned by a melodic piano motif. This effect when listening is of being transported to some beautiful and sad city of the future.
  9. Tales of the Future
    Demis Roussos sings to Moorish sounds.
  10. Damask Rose
    The eastern sounds of the last track continue.
  11. Bladerunner End Titles
    Stonking Kraftwerk-like beat
  12. Tears in Rain
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...". Fireworks, rain, Goosepimples.