My last final was completed at 3 PM today.

There is much rejoicing.

As is customary at the end of the semester, I cleaned out my backpack.

The contents of it are as follows:

1. The Sanskrit texts. The books were touchy-feely. I hate learning a language the touchy-feely way. I like it sink or swim.
2. One sociolinguistic text THAT I NEVER EVEN OPENED.
3. hindi flash cards. I'm going to burn them. I never want to see another word in devanagari again. (Until class next semester.)
4.Notes in three different languages, two of which make very little sense to me.
5. One feminist girlie magazine. I kid you not, they exist.
6. Three Note books that contain mostly doodles and lists of things I would rather be doing.
7. One folder containing class handouts.
8. A copy of Questioning Ramayanas, edited by Paula Richman. I'm one essay away from having completed all of the reading for the course. I will succeed!
9. rubber cement.
10. packing tape
11. A pair of scissors
12. A first Aid Kit.
13. 7 pens, none of which write in normal, or even vaguely acceptable ink.
14. One pencil.
15. Two mix tapes. one of the "d'oh! I'm going to fail," variety and the other of the "The exam's ass and my foot have an appointment," Variety.
16. post-it notes
17. Blank index cards.
18. 2 tubes of chapstick, and one tube of lipstick.
19. eyeliner.
20. WooHoo! A paycheck!!!
21. Various pieces of paper with lyrics or words of encouragement scrawled on them.
22. Vitamins. Aspirin. Midol. Caffeine and other assorted uppers. Various other items of the like.
23. cab fare.
24. one glove. Which is interesting because I have two hands.
25. three protien bars.
26. gum.
27. student id. (so, that's where it went.)
28. A piece of paper with my emergency information on it. I think this has been my cleanest semester yet. yay me.


So, now I'm at a point of reflection. this semester has taught me a lot. I know one phrase in sanskrit (Tat mama pustakam, or That is my book) and how to decline nouns. I know a lot about the Indian Epic, The ramayana. And I've grown as a person. I think I'm going to paint my nails, now.


Oh, and Mohenjo-daro was a city, not the founder of the Jain religion.