Poetry isn't the only literature that's beautiful. I had an English teacher once tell me to try and make words and language beautiful. It seems to me that modern day writers have lost their touch. It's one thing to write sentences, but it's another to be able to craft an exquisite sounding word-flow of syllables that touches on the absolute splendors of human existence. But can written/spoken word really be beautiful? I guess that's up to the reader, but I'd like to think so.

Writing, at its core, is conveying emotions. When I write I want my feelings and emotions to radiate off the page and touch the reader in some profound and significant way. But sadly, we all can't be poets. I'll admit, I'm not one for writing poetry as I find myself being restricted by rhyme and meter. I find myself not being able to say what I want to say. So, instead, I try and write beautiful sentences. Sentences that have certain poetic qualities without the bounds of actual verse. It seems like writers these days are just writing to get to the next sentence, and then the next paragraph and so forth. Instead we should try and pack as much meaning into as little space as possible. One good sentence is far better than a hundred average ones.

There's nothing better to me than reading an expertly crafted sentence that uses creative wordplay. To me, it's much more important for the sentence to look and sound good than to be grammatically correct. I don't write to be grammatically correct; I write to express myself, to inspire, and most importantly, to woo women.

I admit, some days I wish I could write eloquent poetry for the many beautiful girls that fill my days. I do try, but my real talent is short, abstract pieces. The idea of writing a love paragraph may not sound so romantic, but it's the best I've got.

So in short, words and language can be beautiful. It can flow from the lips like a tranquil summer breeze. It doesn't have to rhyme or be in meter, it just has to be. Be inspired by something greater than yourself, and then put it to words. Don't write average, write beautifully.

 

 


This isn't ment as a bash at poetry, I only wish to get people thinking.