Cambridge, MA, (pop ~100,000) is a city across the Charles River from Boston. It is home to twoHarvardbigHarvardcolleges. It is bordered by Somerville to the North-East, Arlington to the North-West, Belmont to the West, Watertown to the South-West, and the Charles River to the south (with Boston on the opposite shore). In Cambridge, nearly every intersection has a sign proclaiming it "somethingorother (square|park|circle)". Only a few of them are actually urban centers, though. These include Harvard Square(rich snobs, intellectuals & street kids), Porter Square (North Cambridge), Inman Square, Kendall Square (Nerds & Yuppies), and a few more. King Bhumibol Adulyadej Square, an intersection at the edge of Brattle Sq, (which is in turn just an intersection on the edge of Harvard Sq.), was named for the current Thai monarch who was born in Cambridge while his parents studied medicine at Harvard incidentally, Thailand has had a very progressive health policy during Adulyadej's reign. 138 did a bunch of grafitti in Cambridge. Cambridge has good honest New England weather (till global warming really sets in, anyway) - hot in summer, pretty cold in winter, and cool in between.
Check out the Zeitgeist Gallery sometime.
Go to Toscanini's (I recommend becoming good friends with an employee)
Buy used books at the Bookcellar Cafe. Go to the 1369 coffeehouse.


In the past decade, many tech companies have sprung up in Cambridge and Boston (coming directly from MIT or other colleges, or at least drawing on the large number of well-educated folks in the area).