A very tasty Mexican soft drink, Boing! originally came in tetrapacks, and currently it is available in 250 ml, 500 ml and liter packs, as well as in little returnable glass bottles. The drink has no carbonation, and it is available in many flavors, all of them fruit. The interesting bit is that the fruit used closely reflects the fruit available in the Mexican market: apples, strawberries, mango, guayaba, tamarind... In fact, Boing! is an attempt to recreate, industrially, the home made agua de fruta.

It is produced by Pascual, a company that was on the edge of financial disaster when the workers took over and turned it into a production coop. I would guess that its current problem is that it is in direct competition with the likes of Coca-Cola and Pepsi, global companies with incredible advertising power. Bizarrely, the Pascual logo is ... Donald Duck, although the bottle bears no Disney copyright. I find it interesting that the Mexicans, despite their patriotism, happily drink Coca-Cola all day long, despite the availability of a local, Mexican owned, alternative.
And now, the biggest secret of all: Boing! tastes really good.

When in Mexico, don't confuse Boing! with Trebol, a really nasty, chemical tasting, fizzy bottled drink.