The following conversation was conducted between me (Sheepy JFK) and a certain friend of mine who can be found on E2 here.
The conversation occured late at night, via AOL Instant Messager.

Sheepy JFK: Just sometimes. I get starved for.... something....
Mangojusz: affection? A nice talk? Or just a Sarah?
Sheepy JFK: And I get all sentimental, and start thinking how I don't want to LOOSE her, when in fact all I do when we go out is prove to myself that I've not only lost her, but we're rapidly growing apart.
Sheepy JFK: I'm a totally different Miles than when I was with her.
Sheepy JFK: and she still treats me like the old Miles. And she's a vastly different Sarah, and I don't know what to do with the new one, or the memories of the old one.
Mangojusz: she's probalby the same way miles

That's really the most important tid-bit of the conversation.
At the time, talking about this really tore me apart, because the girl in question (Sarah Elizabeth Armstrong) still really tears me apart.
Basically, the few lines in this node made me realize how I was viewing things through my own distorted opinions, rather than subjectively.

More and more in my life I've seen that people can't remove themselves from a situation, instead of changing themselves in order to view something more clearly, or at least putting their opinions (in this case, my feelings) aside to see a situation better, people (myself included, of course) will continue to be confused and baffled by what is going on around them. I tend to blame other people for "changing" (as I did above).

An Ani DiFranco lyric, to state my point:
"Everytime i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear"

From "Not a Pretty Girl".