I decided to forego the sorority mixer last night in favor of Posh Drinking and Friendly Snobbery with Holly.

I made the right choice, too. That girl is superfab. We drove down Rodeo Drive just to torture ourselves, then paid $15 to park on Sunset Boulevard. We hiked to the Hustler store so I could replace my poor, dead butterfly. We bought expensive fashion magazines (I needed collaging materials!) at a sidewalk news stand and ogled Italian Vogue. We found a swanky bar with a huge chandelier where we drank beer and ate foie gras. We talked about all the things that we aren't supposed to talk about--the things that cement people, unfortunately. She's STUCK with me now, mwa-hahaha! :-)

We found another swanky bar. We drank more. Things got hazy. Boy called twice in 20 minutes, and I gloated. He loves me! Um, no, he loves me not. Walking became hard, and not just because we were wearing sexy shoes.

They called last call, so we closed our tabs, went to the car, and...
started listening to music...
and...
got quiet...
and...
nodded off.

We woke up on Sunset Boulevard at 5 AM. We had not been mugged or towed. We were the only car left in the parking lot. We are decadent and lucky little sloths. I will always cherish this, somehow.

Holly drove me to her place and we slept Trainspotting-style in her twin bed. I woke up with a crick in my neck and a knee in my face. The phone was ringing.

It was Boy.

Life is good.