Crimson is also the name of a comic book series written by Humberto Ramos, Francisco Haghenbeck, and Oscar Pinto and distributed by Cliffhanger Comics. It centers around the life of a reluctant teenage vampire named Alex Elder and his efforts to prevent the apocolypse at the hands of a mysterious woman named Lisseth. A large part of the story concerns Alex's self-realization and acceptance of his situation. There is also quite alot of Christian mythology thrown into the mix, for example one of the secondary characters is a black former policeman who serves as a vessel for the spirit of a saint.

The plot is certainly intriguing, but there are some problems with this series. The dialogue can sometimes get on the campy side, especially if Alex is speaking to any female character. There are also some problems with tension, what is many times supposed to be an engrossing moment comes across as monotonous instead.

This is made up for by the art. The character designs follow an Americanized manga style, with spiky hair, stubby fingers, and big feet. The one disadvantage to using this style is that, since the characters only have natural human hair colors, many minor characters look similar. The action scenes are very well depicted, you can almost feel the special effects coming to life.

I would reccommend it to anyone with an interest in a gothiccomic series, and who doesn't mind manga-style art. There is quite a bit of blood and gore, as well as some mild swearing, so it's probably most appropriate for the fourteen-and-up crowd.