This'll Be the Day

November 4, 2008, Election Day, McCain vs. Obama

Well, here we go. I couldn't begin to say who my friends did or didn't vote for, simply because they're likely equally divided in this equally divided political race, and I'm not so impolite as to ask the ones I suspect which way they went.

I did, however, ask my ex. While voting, I wondered randomly whether this was his first (United States of America) vote, and thus called. He informed me that he had not voted (!), because he procrastinated on becoming a citizen in this 'great' democratic society of ours, and thus could not vote at all, even though the polling placed was directly across the street. He's SO disowned.

On a good note, a friend who happens to have a criminal record and therefore had his voting rights revoked, yet, through his military service was able to strive to get those rights back, got a letter Friday granting them and took full advantage. We have hope as a country, after all.

So, now, we wait for results. It will likely be several days before we know for sure - nay, even whether Florida finally got its voting shit together, much less whether one or the 'tother will be next prez - so mote it be.

Pray, meditate, or drink to the best candidate. Headline News at 7pm.