A game played at various types of conferences, such as leadership development conferences, where the goal is to learn the names of each of the participants by their association with various actions.

Typically, the group sits in a circle and one person is picked to start. That person says their name, and then does some action that represents them. This is where the Name Game acquires its many variations. There are any number of things that can be done to associate the name with the person. One example is to have the individual make a motion representing their favorite pass time.

Each successive person in the circle is required to go back and tell the names and do the actions of each person that has already gone. For example...

(just pretend that they're doing actions)

John: My name is john, and I like to swim.
Mary: His name is John, and he likes to swim. My name is Mary and I like to work in my garden.
Scott: His name is John and he likes to swim. Her name is Mary and she likes to work in her garden. My name is Scott, and I like to sleep around.

Typically this sort of thing is either loved or hated. I suppose it could be turned into a drinking game at a sufficiently large party as well. It would be a boring drinking game if everyone knew everyone unless the actions were creative enough (or if the participats were drunk enough).